Development AssociateCompany: Pensacola Habitat for Humanity
Date Posted: February 1, 2018
Full time, non-exempt (minimum of 40hrs/wk)
The Development Associate will be responsible for developing and promoting Board approved programs, relationships, and events in Escambia and Santa Rosa counties that have long-term positive results for the mission of Habitat for Humanity. The Development Associate reports to the Director of Resource Development, and will also work closely with committees where development opportunities exist.
The Development Associate’s responsibilities include the following:
1. Contribute to the development and implementation of a written five year development plan for raising funds for all sectors; i.e. cash donations, campaigns, foundations, planned giving, grants, in-kind gifts, house sponsorships and special events.
2. Research and identify fundraising resources available to PHFH and secure resources to enhance or fulfill programs to their potential beneficial capacities, i.e. grants, foundations, civic organization involvement.
3. Ensure timely recording and acknowledgement for all donations;
4. Maintain appropriate records of contacts and potential contacts, update and utilize database as needed;
5. Maintain donor recognition programs and installations as needed to keep timely;
6. Initiate, cultivate, and manage external relationships with individuals and organizations in all sectors including but not limited to individual donors and local foundations, civic organization, faith based communities, corporate, not-forprofit, and governmental representatives for the purpose of securing financial support and other specific resources to benefit Habitat’s mission;
7. Develop and promote multiple donor and volunteer relationship building events, ranging from breakfast gatherings to happy hour events. Provide on-site participation at scheduled events;
8. Organize and operationalize annually scheduled 'special home build' events to include Women Build and Interfaith Build;
9. Assist department manager with annual departmental budgeting process.
Qualifications & Experience
1. Associate’s degree required, greater educational background preferred.
2. Must exhibit clarity in both verbal and written communication.
3. Must demonstrate capabilities in standard office computer applications and have the ability to learn organization specific applications.
4. Must be able to work independently and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
5. Must be comfortable working as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
Resumes and cover letters must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.