2017 NATIONAL PHILANTHROPY DAY WINNERS
The Association of Fundraising Professionals West Florida Chapter announced the winners of the 2017 National Philanthropy Day during its annual awards luncheon held November 16, 2017 at the Pensacola Grand Hotel.
- Carol Carlan was named Outstanding Fundraising Professional, an award designed for an outstanding individual fundraising professional who practices his or her profession in an exemplary manner.
- Madrina Ciano was named Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser, presented to an individual with a proven track record of ongoing, significant commitment to fundraising for one or more organizations.
- Ambersley Foundation was named Outstanding Charitable Foundation, which recognizes a foundation whose grant programs reflect an understanding of community needs and support for local nonprofits in clear and powerful ways.
- Sunday’s Child was named Philanthropic Service Organization of the Year, recognizing a community-based organization whose grant programs, donations and charitable activities significantly enrich the community.
- Baptist Health Care was named Philanthropic Faith-Based Organization of the Year as an organization that gives of itself to motivate and support its members’ service-related efforts.
- Pen Air Federal Credit Union was named Philanthropic Corporation of the Year, an award that recognizes a corporation for its philanthropic impact in the community through direct and indirect support of charitable projects.
- Harold E. Marcus was named Philanthropist of the Year, which recognizes an individual or family for exceptional generosity and civic responsibility demonstrated by significant financial contributions to charitable organizations in the community.